Bliss Sanctuary For Women – book me in…
One Australian woman’s inspirational business tale: Zoë Watson is originally from South Australia and moved to Bali two years ago.
There she has set up Bali’s unique Bliss Sanctuary for Women
Whether you’re a working professional or a busy mum – the tail-end of any year can be a stressful time for women, striving to meet deadlines or create a magical Christmas and holiday experience for our families and friends – all the time wondering when we last spent a moment pampering ourselves.
Recent studies by the Australian Bureau of Statistics show that 42% of Australian women always or often feel rushed or pressed for time, leading to increased stress levels. Medical research proves that being overstressed can result in physical illnesses, and psychological illnesses such as anxiety and depression.
Australian businesswoman, Zoë Watson took all of this on board when she left her busy media and marketing career for a sea-change to beautiful Bali to embark on a first-of-its-kind business model.
“I was seriously burnt out with work, needed a break, and just wanted to soak up some sunshine, gear down, and at least get myself back to a neutral position. I had an amazing experience, but it would have been even better if I’d had someone on the ground who could relate to where my head was at and create a hassle-free stay that met all my needs,” says Zoë.
Solving her own dilemma – and that of many other women – Zoë packed up her life in Australia and moved to Bali, launching Bliss Sanctuary for Women in early 2011. The Bliss experience sees guests staying in beautiful Balinese-style accommodation, pampering themselves with whatever activity – or lack of – they need to recharge.
Bliss is completely unique – with no couples, no kids and only a handful of guests at any one time, guests design their own holiday and the Bliss team arranges all the details. The experience is exactly what you need it to be; whether you want to see the sights, take some ‘me’ time, or simply ‘stop the world from turning’ with professional yoga or meditation classes.
“This isn’t a retreat – there’s no immovable schedule of planned activities, places you need to be at everyday, or specific foods you have to eat,” says Zoë.
“It’s a true sanctuary where you can indulge in a healthy selection of Balinese foods – many grown in our own veggie patch, experience local culture at your leisure, or just sit still and find some inner peace through yoga and meditation classes.”
The accommodation is central to the Bliss Sanctuary for Women experience. All of the villas offer guests a unique Balinese experience with every modern comfort including spacious air-conditioned rooms with oversized beds, sparkling pools, serene spaces to meditate and daily massages. Meals are cooked Indonesian-style within the villa and there are personal drivers to transport guests to and from the airport, take them shopping, or to Bali’s cultural hubs like Ubud.
After taking a holiday alone, most women report that they still feel a sense of relaxation from their time away for up to one month after they return. This is compared to those who take a more active ‘travel’ holiday who report feeling calm for only three to nine days after returning.
Zoë describes this: “Typically when people holiday overseas, they jam-pack their schedules with activities every day and forget to relax. However, we know that women taking more time to relax are less likely to experience burnout, and the benefits of resting can make them more creative and productive than their overworked, under-rested counterparts”.
Bliss Sanctuary for Women has several packages on offer, so now is definitely the time to plan a trip away – either on your own or with your best girlfriends.
- Bliss Package
- Surf Package
- Eat Pray Love Package
- Water lover Package
- Bali Sight Seeing Package
- Thrill Seeker Package
- Fab Food Package
- Humanitarian Package
“Whether you work in an office or take on life’s toughest role as a parent, our daily lives can become so regimented that ultimately we all crave that space where we can indulge ourselves guilt-free,” says Zoë.
With a new year ahead, full of unlimited possibilities, Bliss Sanctuary for Women may be the perfect space to nourish and make 2013 your year.
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you.
Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here.
We would love to meet you!
- Once you open the doors to the purpose designed wellness retreat, one of the quietest location sanctuary awaits.
- Gold Coast Bulletin: Retreat owner brings Bali bliss to luxury Burleigh Heads apartment
- From lush jungles to pristine coastlines, it's no surprise Bali is called the Island of the Gods.
- Eat Sleep Repeat. After a 2021 break that's good for the soul? We hear you.
- When a stressed out and exhausted Zoë Watson needed a break from the daily grind she headed to the tropical …
- I can only describe my recent stay at this award-winning magical retreat as paradise, a trip like nothing I have …
- Best women-only hotels around the world for a brilliant ladies' getaway. Best women-only hotels around the world whether you're after …
- 'It's hard to relax here': Bachelorette Ali Oetjen leaves boyfriend Taite Radley at home as she jets to Bali for …
- Michelle Heaton, 40, flaunts her flawless physique in a white bandeau bikini as she enjoys a sun-soaked Bali retreat.
- An Adventurous Spirit Finds Inner Peace in Bali: Nadia Stamp openly shares her life with the world and we got …
- Spa and Wellness: Women’s-only sanctuary in Ubud
- The hardest part is finding someone to take your Instagram photos...
- Find Your Bliss in Bali - New Idea Associate Editor Holly Richards swapped deadlines for massages at this women-only retreat.
- Be your best with Bliss. More than a yoga retreat or healthy holiday, Bliss Sanctuary for Women sets its sights …
- Bali’s Healing Magic. On the ‘Island of the Gods’, healing through both the physical and spiritual is a natural way …
- The retreat us ideally situated in a tranquil cul-de-sac, yet with the area's famed shopping, restaurants and beautiful beaches in …
- With spring being the season of blossoming and renewing, doesn't the idea of retreating to discover yourself sound appealing?
- The Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Bali offers proper pampering for mums and daughters this Mother's Day - think deep …
- A yoga break can restore your mind, body and soul like nothing else. However much time you have to spare, …
- Prepare yourself for the most pampering holiday of your life. Blissful days - Bliss Sanctuary For Women is one special …