Wellness spaces are areas that make you feel good and able to relax. Some have aspects of a health retreat, some are more focussed on relaxation and elements of water and the feeling of a luxury spa. It’s really important for you to work out what wellness and relaxation means to you before beginning to create your own wellness space at home.
For us at Bliss Sanctuary for Women, our whole experience is based around a wellness retreat, from the villas – your own sleep sanctuaries and baths in every room with a gorgeous wellness bath menu, to personal drivers so when sightseeing you feel relaxed and in safe hands. It’s important for our guests experience that we invest in the best massage therapists, yoga instructors, cooks, dedicated kind and friendly staff and importantly, the ability to choose what you would like to do and when you would like to do it rather than being locked into schedules. This helps us cater to each guest’s individual wellness goals and taking this time out for our guests can be truly transformative in a whole week of self-love.
Things to look for in a wellness holiday
- The décor: Ensure it is something that will make you feel relaxed and comfortable with calm colours, great fabrics and comfortable beds. Avoid old carpets, run from any mould, and ensure there is climate control and breezy fresh air.
- Pools and water offer refreshing ways to relax, exercise and feel great all at the same time. Magnesium pools (completely salt free and efficient mineral pools) are an amazing addition to any holiday.
- Relaxation areas are important for any wellness focussed breaks. You need to be able to escape from other people and be alone with nature so ensure gorgeous gardens or multiple outdoor spaces are included. This is why at Bliss we focus on the individual not the group and have exclusively small numbers.
- Spa and massage are the ultimate relaxation and self-pampering. I always choose a hotel (even if it’s just a stopover!) which has a great in-house spa.
- Read the reviews and check what people say about the hospitality. Having supportive and lovely, kind staff is a big consideration when it comes to wellness, as feeling safe and looked after are extremely important, especially when travelling alone.
How to create your own wellness space
If you’re craving the Bliss experience in the comfort of your own home here are my top tips on how to create wellness spaces and make it your own sanctuary:
- Wellness spaces need to have earthy tones and no polarising colours which gives a calm feel.
- They need to have great flow and excellent privacy with amenities that make you feel calm and relaxed.
- Clean out all air-conditioning and heating filters regularly for the best air quality.
- Clean with natural products so you are not affected negatively by chemicals.
- Ensure your water is clean and filtered. If you can get a filter where the water flows through minerals this is excellent for your health.
- Magnesium flakes or Epsom salts have great relaxation qualities and health benefits. Create your own wellness bath by using these to help you relax.
- Having gorgeous crystals and knowing what they mean help create a beautiful feel and environment. For example, amethyst is stress relieving and ideal for generating a relaxing and rejuvenating space.
- Create a quiet space that you can retreat to with your favourite things that make you feel happy. Spend time there meditating, taking breath, focussing on all the things you are thankful for and day dreaming about the things you want to attract into your life.
- Only have positive things in your house. Eliminate anything connected to negative people, memories and thoughts.
Having a new focus on your own wellness can be so empowering and we really hope some of these tips help you choose the best wellness focussed holidays for you and encourage you to focus on wellness at home. Once you are more relaxed and balanced you can be the best version of yourself and it can create healing in so many areas of life starting from within.
We wanted to share our Bliss experience as far as it can go and so we created Bliss News. Even if you can’t go on a beautiful personalised Women’s Retreat right now, we hope you can take the time to add a bit more bliss to your life in whatever way you choose. Self love comes in all different shapes and sizes but the one thing it has in common is that it starts with you. We hope some of our ideas and laughs and wellness retreat additions are something you can incorporate into your everyday life... love Zoë xxx