Married at First Sight, Influencer
An Adventurous Spirit Finds Inner Peace in Bali
By: Hannah Marsh
From: Travelshoot Website
Nadia Stamp openly shares her life with the world and we got to talk with her about handling instant-fame, moving cities, and falling in love.
From searching for a husband on Married At First Sight, transitioning into an influencer, and redefining her relationship with herself, Nadia is owning her personal journey. We caught up with her to get the lowdown on her Balinese retreat and Travelshoot experience. Check out the full interview and photos from her shoot below.
Tell us a little about you! How do you like spending your weekends? What are you most likely to spend money on? Are we more likely to find you city-living, or hanging at the beach?
I moved to Melbourne just over a year ago from Brisbane and met a gorgeous man so stayed here. Whilst it’s been hard acclimatizing, being originally from Brisbane, this is now my home. The weather here is a lot more spasmodic so weekends are planned accordingly. I love to get away on weekend getaways. My favourite spots would have to be along the Great Ocean Road towards Lorne. It’s beautiful all year round. Brunch is a real thing here in Melbourne and each weekend, we find a new place to check out. Then my favourite hike for a burst of activity is the You Yangs which is near Little River on the way to Geelong. My partner and I love doing this together.
Do you love to travel? Give us an idea of the places you have visited, and how often you getaway.
Travelling is great for the soul and helps me get a deeper perspective on life. I have done a lot of London, France, Greece, Italy, Poland and Hungary, and would love to see more. I have also really enjoyed visiting the Asian countries. My most special experience was travelling with my mum through Changmai and Luang Prabang in Laos. The Kuang Si Falls were to die for. What a piece of paradise! The water was turquoise blue and so mystical. I visit Bali for a quick warm getaway. Being half Indonesian (on my father’s side) it feels great to visit Indonesia and understand the culture better. It has become a place that I can find solitude and take some time for myself.
Name one thing that you can’t travel without?
I can’t travel without my camera. I love taking photos and keeping memoirs of my experiences.
How did you choose your getaway destination? Is this somewhere with special meaning to you or somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit?
For this trip, visiting Bali was a choice I made because I needed to get away, realign my goals, and check-in with myself. After coming off a reality TV show two years ago (MAFS season four), I was thrust into a very public life and found it hard to listen to myself with so much noise going on around me. A longtime friend, Zoe Watson set up Bliss Sanctuaries throughout Bali. It’s made especially for women seeking solitude and peace to explore and adventure in a safe environment. She invited me to visit for some RnR and it was just magical. Yoga, meditation, massage, and relaxation is what it was all about.
What made you choose to book this photoshoot? Was it to mark something special? Or just to capture those travel memories in style?
This photoshoot marks a very special time in my life journey. I feel like I changed a lot that year and became a lot more confident and self-assured. It was also a moment before I met my partner Glen. I am very blessed to have had all of these experiences that have led me to him.
Talk us through your Travelshoot experience and how it all went down! What were your favourite parts? Did you have fun?
Meeting a photographer overseas was fun. We were able to capture the mood and vibe of my travel experience. It was so much fun. Next time, I hope to capture something special between my partner Glen and I.
Which country or destination takes the top spot on your travel wishlist and why?
Maldives, need I say more! Although, we are saving for a house deposit so it seems incredibly lavish. It is bucket list stuff. Then I’d love to do the Philippines again and visit Palawan, El Nido and Coron Island. Take me there now haha.
And finally, what’s your favourite shot from your Travelshoot? Why do you love it?
I love three shots. The first was the image with the buddha in a yoga pose as it reminds me of being centred.
The second was me in the pink dress smiling near the gazebo as it reminds me of how happy I was.
And third was the one of me floating in the pool as it reminds me of how relaxed I felt.
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you.
Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here.
We would love to meet you!
- An Adventurous Spirit Finds Inner Peace in Bali: Nadia Stamp openly shares her life with the world and we got …
- Spa and Wellness: Women’s-only sanctuary in Ubud
- When a stressed out and exhausted Zoë Watson needed a break from the daily grind she headed to the tropical …
- The hardest part is finding someone to take your Instagram photos...
- Find Your Bliss in Bali - New Idea Associate Editor Holly Richards swapped deadlines for massages at this women-only retreat.
- Be your best with Bliss. More than a yoga retreat or healthy holiday, Bliss Sanctuary for Women sets its sights …
- Bali’s Healing Magic. On the ‘Island of the Gods’, healing through both the physical and spiritual is a natural way …
- The retreat us ideally situated in a tranquil cul-de-sac, yet with the area's famed shopping, restaurants and beautiful beaches in …
- With spring being the season of blossoming and renewing, doesn't the idea of retreating to discover yourself sound appealing?
- The Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Bali offers proper pampering for mums and daughters this Mother's Day - think deep …
- A yoga break can restore your mind, body and soul like nothing else. However much time you have to spare, …
- Prepare yourself for the most pampering holiday of your life. Blissful days - Bliss Sanctuary For Women is one special …
- Responding to world travel trends, Bliss Sanctuary offers more than a breathtaking Bali retreat – it’s a sanctuary.
- This Bliss Sanctuary For Women has launched a second relaxation sanctuary, in Seminyak, Bali. Founder Zoë Watson tells us whar's …
- Working out suddenly doesn't seem such an effort when you do it in paradise.
- The Best Female-Only Retreats. Travel unaccompanied to these sanctuaries of relaxation without feeling alone.
- A Holiday Just For Me – I’d always dreamed of a relaxing escape and on a whim I booked a …
- Josie Gibson: I get “fat fear” and weigh myself every day.
- I Felt Relaxed and Refreshed. Sipping a cocktail by the pool, I felt the sun warm my skin. I was …
- What Comes Next - For these women, a severe life setback was the catalyst that set them free, Sophie Miura …