How To Recreate a Sanctuary Experience At Home
From: SheSaid Website
Bliss Sanctuary For Women’s Zoë Watson knows all about pampering at her women-only holiday hideaway in Bali. Here are her top 5 tips on recreating that sanctuary experience in your own home.
- Try meditation
Meditation gives you a greater sense of rest and relaxation than sleeping alone. And if it is difficult, try spoken guided meditations. You can download these as apps straight to your smart phone – search for guided mediations by Deepak Chopra, Louise Hay or Doreen Virtue.
- Physically create your own personal sanctuary space
This may be your bedroom, or a study or a corner of the lounge-room – but make it a space that’s filled with things you love that help you feel nurtured and safe. Keep it full of positive energy with books and music that inspire you and keep phones, TV and computers out. Use uplifting essential oils like mint, lemon and geranium in the mornings and calming lavender, chamomile and sweet orange in the evenings.
- Remember to breathe
Stop what you’re doing and take slow, deep breaths at intervals throughout the day to help centre yourself, your thoughts and emotions. Breathe in as it feels comfortable and feel your stomach expand while visualising white light flowing through your body, and then breathe out slowly but comfortably sending all your troubles out with the breath, relaxing your jaw, neck and shoulders.
- Make time to move and stretch
It may be a slow walk in the fresh air (sans phone!) or some simple yoga sequences like a morning sun salutation. Or if you suffer back pain, lie on your back and flex each muscle in your body by contracting and releasing. Honour your body by gently lengthening and moving it.
- Give yourself permission to rest
Listen to your thoughts that may berate you and remind yourself that only by giving to yourself can you truly give to others.
Bliss Sanctuary For Women is a bespoke sanctuary in Canggu, Bali, that allows women to design their own holiday experience. It’s ideal for women who travel alone or in small groups – that’s right – no men, no kids and no couples. It’s not a retreat with activities planned every day, deadlines to meet and food monitoring, but a sanctuary in the true sense of the word where each visitor can indulge in food, pampering, local travel experiences and the true essence of Bali. Visit www.blisssanctuaryforwomen.com for more information.
Watch Zoë talk about her sea change here!
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you.
Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here.
We would love to meet you!
- Once you open the doors to the purpose designed wellness retreat, one of the quietest location sanctuary awaits.
- Gold Coast Bulletin: Retreat owner brings Bali bliss to luxury Burleigh Heads apartment
- From lush jungles to pristine coastlines, it's no surprise Bali is called the Island of the Gods.
- Eat Sleep Repeat. After a 2021 break that's good for the soul? We hear you.
- When a stressed out and exhausted Zoë Watson needed a break from the daily grind she headed to the tropical …
- I can only describe my recent stay at this award-winning magical retreat as paradise, a trip like nothing I have …
- Best women-only hotels around the world for a brilliant ladies' getaway. Best women-only hotels around the world whether you're after …
- 'It's hard to relax here': Bachelorette Ali Oetjen leaves boyfriend Taite Radley at home as she jets to Bali for …
- Michelle Heaton, 40, flaunts her flawless physique in a white bandeau bikini as she enjoys a sun-soaked Bali retreat.
- An Adventurous Spirit Finds Inner Peace in Bali: Nadia Stamp openly shares her life with the world and we got …
- Spa and Wellness: Women’s-only sanctuary in Ubud
- The hardest part is finding someone to take your Instagram photos...
- Find Your Bliss in Bali - New Idea Associate Editor Holly Richards swapped deadlines for massages at this women-only retreat.
- Be your best with Bliss. More than a yoga retreat or healthy holiday, Bliss Sanctuary for Women sets its sights …
- Bali’s Healing Magic. On the ‘Island of the Gods’, healing through both the physical and spiritual is a natural way …
- The retreat us ideally situated in a tranquil cul-de-sac, yet with the area's famed shopping, restaurants and beautiful beaches in …
- With spring being the season of blossoming and renewing, doesn't the idea of retreating to discover yourself sound appealing?
- The Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Bali offers proper pampering for mums and daughters this Mother's Day - think deep …
- A yoga break can restore your mind, body and soul like nothing else. However much time you have to spare, …
- Prepare yourself for the most pampering holiday of your life. Blissful days - Bliss Sanctuary For Women is one special …