Mums are superwomen, but even superwomen need time out to focus on themselves!
Self-care is so important and finding some ‘me time’ can be essential to boosting our health – physically, mentally and emotionally, even if it’s just five minutes a day; reading a book, having a massage or running yourself a bath.
When taking time out for yourself, you need to make sure the activity is solely focused on something that will energise you and give you life. By really taking some me time you’ll feel more refreshed, healthier, happier and able to look after your children the way they truly deserve with love, warmth and a big smile on your face.
In order to become amazing mums, we need to balance our responsibilities, so we have the opportunity to take time out and recuperate. And if you need help ask for it. Like anyone, mums deserve TLC and love, and that’s why at Bliss we make sure all women, mums or not, take time out just for them, doing the activities which bring them love and joy, so they feel relaxed and ready to be the best version of themselves when they return to everyday life!
Self-care can come in many forms, it’s all about finding what works best for you and making sure it’s part of our regular routines. Test out new things and find out what fills your happy cup.
At Bliss we recommend the following:
- Taking part in a yoga session – yoga is great for the soul and can leave you feeling positive and energised.
- Meditating – It’s all about breathing and clearing the mind to silence the outside noise, allowing you to connect and rebalance with your inner self.
- Catching up with friends – when we are with our friends we relax, have a laugh and comfort each other!
- Reading a book – Taking a good book and finding somewhere quiet to kick back and immerse yourself in literature can be amazing for your soul.
- Soaking up the sun – There is nothing quiet like the warm sunshine rays on your body to provide yourself with some much-needed vitamin D! – Eating nutritious food – Yummy, healthy food will leave our bellies happy and full of love.
- Having a massage or revitalising spa treatment – Massage is a regular on self-care list because it’s perfect for relaxation, stress reduction, and pain relief! It calms our bodies and souls, leaving us completely stress free. There are so many amazing massages you can try to find out which ones you love such as hot stone massages, deep tissue massages, aromatherapy, or a favourite of ours – reflexology!
Being a mum is one of the most important jobs in the world! We need to know when to stop, breathe and take a little time just for us – our minds, bodies and souls will thank us in the long run.
We wanted to share our Bliss experience as far as it can go and so we created Bliss News. Even if you can’t go on a beautiful personalised Women’s Retreat right now, we hope you can take the time to add a bit more bliss to your life in whatever way you choose. Self love comes in all different shapes and sizes but the one thing it has in common is that it starts with you. We hope some of our ideas and laughs and wellness retreat additions are something you can incorporate into your everyday life... love Zoë xxx