Women blissfully travelling solo
It’s official. 2013 is ‘The Year of Women Travelling Solo’ with statistics proving that this trend is flying sky high.
A summary of global surveys indicate that many women are excited at the prospect of travelling alone but were too scared to do so, denying themselves of an empowering life experience.
Businesswoman from the across the ditch, Australian Zoë Watson, well understands the pros and cons of travelling alone. After a serious car accident, Zoë took a much needed break from her demanding career and the modern day rat-race and booked (what would become) a life-changing ticket to Bali.
“Travelling alone was rewarding yet there were times when I felt a little isolated and selfconscious sightseeing and eating alone, so I’d often stay by the pool and order room service rather than venture out. I also wanted to be able to relax and let go on my holiday but having to constantly organise everything yourself – transport to where you wanted to go, who’d mind your bags for you, finding the best and safest places to visit, shop and eat – it became exhausting and often felt like a chore”.
Zoë soon realised that this was a common experience shared with many females travelling alone and so decided to do something for her ‘sisters’.
Less than a year after her trip, she was packing up her home and career in Adelaide and Sydney to return to Bali to launch Bliss Sanctuary for Women, an uniquely blissful experience where guests (women only – no kids and no men) create their own ideal break by either choosing one of the many Bliss Packages on offer or personally designing their own with the help of the Bliss-team. There are personal drivers to transport guests to and from the airport, take them shopping, to the cultural sights or to chosen cooking, surfing or yoga classes.
Less than 10 guests stay at the Sanctuary at the one time and they come from all walks of life. Some needing to recharge, reconnect, revive and restore. Others simply wanting a passport to some “me” time.
According to gutsytraveler.com:
- 67 million females travelled alone or with a female companion in 2012
- 84% of women travelling alone are between 31 – 55
- The average adventure traveller is now a 47-year old female and is a size 12
- Women will spend $125 billion on travel in 2013
- Women-only travel companies have increased by 230% in the past 6 years
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you.
Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here.
We would love to meet you!
- Spa and Wellness: Women’s-only sanctuary in Ubud
- When a stressed out and exhausted Zoe Watson needed a break from the daily grind she headed to the tropical …
- The hardest part is finding someone to take your Instagram photos...
- Find Your Bliss in Bali - New Idea Associate Editor Holly Richards swapped deadlines for massages at this women-only retreat.
- Be your best with Bliss. More than a yoga retreat or healthy holiday, Bliss Sanctuary for Women sets its sights …
- Bali’s Healing Magic. On the ‘Island of the Gods’, healing through both the physical and spiritual is a natural way …
- The retreat us ideally situated in a tranquil cul-de-sac, yet with the area's famed shopping, restaurants and beautiful beaches in …
- With spring being the season of blossoming and renewing, doesn't the idea of retreating to discover yourself sound appealing?
- The Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Bali offers proper pampering for mums and daughters this Mother's Day - think deep …
- A yoga break can restore your mind, body and soul like nothing else. However much time you have to spare, …
- Prepare yourself for the most pampering holiday of your life. Blissful days - Bliss Sanctuary For Women is one special …
- Responding to world travel trends, Bliss Sanctuary offers more than a breathtaking Bali retreat – it’s a sanctuary.
- This Bliss Sanctuary For Women has launched a second relaxation sanctuary, in Seminyak, Bali. Founder Zoë Watson tells us whar's …
- Working out suddenly doesn't seem such an effort when you do it in paradise.
- The Best Female-Only Retreats. Travel unaccompanied to these sanctuaries of relaxation without feeling alone.
- A Holiday Just For Me – I’d always dreamed of a relaxing escape and on a whim I booked a …
- Josie Gibson: I get “fat fear” and weigh myself every day.
- I Felt Relaxed and Refreshed. Sipping a cocktail by the pool, I felt the sun warm my skin. I was …
- What Comes Next - For these women, a severe life setback was the catalyst that set them free, Sophie Miura …
- Women’s Retreat Is Ultimate Bliss. Ladies, forget the Kuta rat-race and discover a serene sanctuary where it’s all about you.