Malin : I wish Ovie was single
The former Islander is joining a very long queue.
Love Island star Malin Andersson, 26, gives the lowdown on what life is really like after the villa, and reveals how she’s taking time to heal after splitting from partner Tom in March just two months after their premature baby daughter, Consy, passed away…
Have you watched Love Island this year?
Yes, on and off. l love Ovie – l’m waiting for him and India to split, so I can have him!
How did your experience compare?
We only had a small amount of contact with producers. but now it seems so scripted It’s almost like a drama. Which is sad, because It takes away the authenticity.
What do you think about having two series a year?
It creates too much competition, because when it’s over, all the contestants arc trying to do the same thing, like recycling into other reality TV shows to chase that high. lt’s hard when the work dries up. so people can go down the wrong path afterwards.
Before going in, were you told what to expect when you came out?
Not really. We had to improvise.
You told heat you had £7,000 of surgery after the show. Do you regret it?
Ycs. I look back at my mindset and I was just so young and naive that I believed the negative comments about myself. lf I could go back in time, I would, and I wouldn’t do it.
Why are so many reality TV stars having surgery?
The problem is psychological. It;s only once you fix what’s going on in your head that you can love yourself.
You’ve been at Bali Bliss Sanctuary recently. How are you feeling now?
It was exactly what I needed. l had so many massages, body scrubs, milk baths, and it was all on tap so I was getting pure pampering or eight days. You don’t go there to run away, you go to deal with issues, You’re working on yourself.
Have you started dating again?
I’ve only been on one date. I need to work on myself first. If you carry baggage, it won’t work. I’m not over the loss of my daughter, wither, so I’d probably be scared of getting pregnant again.
To book your own stay at the Bliss Sanctuary, visit Blisssanctuaryforwomen.com
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you. Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here. We would love to meet you!
- Spa and Wellness: Women’s-only sanctuary in Ubud
- When a stressed out and exhausted Zoe Watson needed a break from the daily grind she headed to the tropical …
- The hardest part is finding someone to take your Instagram photos...
- Find Your Bliss in Bali - New Idea Associate Editor Holly Richards swapped deadlines for massages at this women-only retreat.
- Be your best with Bliss. More than a yoga retreat or healthy holiday, Bliss Sanctuary for Women sets its sights …
- Bali’s Healing Magic. On the ‘Island of the Gods’, healing through both the physical and spiritual is a natural way …
- The retreat us ideally situated in a tranquil cul-de-sac, yet with the area's famed shopping, restaurants and beautiful beaches in …
- With spring being the season of blossoming and renewing, doesn't the idea of retreating to discover yourself sound appealing?
- The Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Bali offers proper pampering for mums and daughters this Mother's Day - think deep …
- A yoga break can restore your mind, body and soul like nothing else. However much time you have to spare, …
- Prepare yourself for the most pampering holiday of your life. Blissful days - Bliss Sanctuary For Women is one special …
- Responding to world travel trends, Bliss Sanctuary offers more than a breathtaking Bali retreat – it’s a sanctuary.
- This Bliss Sanctuary For Women has launched a second relaxation sanctuary, in Seminyak, Bali. Founder Zoë Watson tells us whar's …
- Working out suddenly doesn't seem such an effort when you do it in paradise.
- The Best Female-Only Retreats. Travel unaccompanied to these sanctuaries of relaxation without feeling alone.
- A Holiday Just For Me – I’d always dreamed of a relaxing escape and on a whim I booked a …
- Josie Gibson: I get “fat fear” and weigh myself every day.
- I Felt Relaxed and Refreshed. Sipping a cocktail by the pool, I felt the sun warm my skin. I was …
- What Comes Next - For these women, a severe life setback was the catalyst that set them free, Sophie Miura …
- Women’s Retreat Is Ultimate Bliss. Ladies, forget the Kuta rat-race and discover a serene sanctuary where it’s all about you.