Loved-up Lydia ‘I’d love to get married!’
Ex-TOWIE star Lydia Bright speaks to Closer about getting serious with her personal trainer boyfriend, and how he’s helped her get into the best shape of her life.
Wedding planning can be a stressful affair, as Lydia Bright knows only too well. The former TOWlE star is currently preparing for her mum, Debbie Douglas, to marry her dad, Dave Bright, next month, after four decades together.
Ahead of the upcoming nuptials, Lydia, 29, jetted off to the Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Ubud, Bali, with her mum and older sister Georgia, 30, where the trio took a breather from wedding admin.
“My mum and dad are getting married after 40 years together,” smiles Lydia. “Me and my sisters are really involved in the wedding planning, so this 10-day retreat was like the calm before the storm! We chilled out, did some yoga, and really spent quality time together.”
As one of the bridesmaids, Lydia is heavily involved with the preparations for her parents’ big day in Essex.” It was supposed to be a small wedding. but it’s getting bigger and bigger as the day gets closer, because mum’s got so many friends!” she laughs. Wedding bells might also be in the not-too distant future for Lydia and her boyfriend, Lee Cronin. The couple recently celebrated their two-year anniversary together after a brief split, and the ‘TV star openly admits she’d love to be engaged. She adds, “I see myself getting engaged in the future- it’s something I want to do. I’d love to get married.”
Lydia and personal teamer Lee met in lbiza in 2017, but split last December for two months, which she says has only strengthened their relationship. She tells Closer, “We broke up because things were bad. But when we had that time apart, it made us realise that we didn’t want to live without each other. Although life is sometimes stressful for both of us, we have learned to just prioritise each other. That was what we were arguing about before.”
The couple, who don’t live together, are making more lime to see each other – and that’s often at the gym! l.ydis says “We do try to train together. Because we’re both really busy, sometimes going to the gym is the only way we can spend more time together.”
The keep-fit couple are a stark contrast to Lydia and her ex, James “Arg” Argent’s turbulent on-off relationship of seven years, which finally ended in 2016. Arg struggled with weight gain and checked into rehab to battle his addiction demons.
“Being with Lee has really changed my body. We’re so competitive with each other in the gym! I want to prove that girls are strong, so I push myself and he really motivates me,”reveals Lydia.
The star maintains her newly honed size 6-8 figure with three to four gym sessions a week, and is trained by Jordan’s on-off boyfriend Kris Boyson, “ I’ve always ben very active and had a fast metabolism, but my approach to training really changed about two years ago when I met Lee,” says Lydia. “I used to do loads of running and cardio. Then I discovered weights and yoga and saw a massive change in my body shape. I’ve never been more than a size 8-10, but now I’m more like a size 6-8 – even though I weigh more now than I used to (through muscle).”
Those defined abs and buns of steel are also down to Lydia’s super-clean diet and cutting back on alcohol. The reality star adds, “I used to drink every weekend and be out in clubs with friends, but now I’ve grown up a bit, so we just tend to go for nice dinners. Lee doesn’t drink so I don’t really drink when we’re out.”
The star is excited for the rest of this year and is filming a secret TV show this month. “This year has been one of the busiest and craziest of my career,” she says. “I’m going away twice a month every month until September – there’s so much happening. I’m in a new phase and I’m really happy.”
By Daisy McLure
• Lydia spoke to Closer from the Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Bali
THE TOWlE YEARS
Arg and Lydia’s on-off romance dominated TOWlE for seven years. Now they’ve both moved on- Lydia with Lee and Arg with Gemma Collins – the exes are no longer on speaking terms. “Arg and I aren’t in touch,” Lydia confirms. “We haven’t been together tor so long now and so much has changed for us both. It’s a different phase of my life.”
Lydia may flnd herself reuniting with Arg on screen if the TOWlE reunion special goes ahead next year to mark the show’s 10th anniversary. Lydia says, “I haven’t heard anything about It yet, and neither has (former co-star) Lucy Mecklenburgh. If It does happen, It needs to be all the original cast members from series one to work -there were loads of us.”
They endured tears and heartache together on TOWlE, and now best mates Lydia and Lucy are both loved-up. Last month, Lucy announced her engagement to Ryan Thomas during a romantic break in Italy. “It will be an amazing wedding,” Lydia says. “I’d love to be a bridesmaid if I was asked but, If I wasn’t, I’d completely understand. I’m so happy for her.”
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you.
Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here.
We would love to meet you!
- Spa and Wellness: Women’s-only sanctuary in Ubud
- When a stressed out and exhausted Zoe Watson needed a break from the daily grind she headed to the tropical …
- The hardest part is finding someone to take your Instagram photos...
- Find Your Bliss in Bali - New Idea Associate Editor Holly Richards swapped deadlines for massages at this women-only retreat.
- Be your best with Bliss. More than a yoga retreat or healthy holiday, Bliss Sanctuary for Women sets its sights …
- Bali’s Healing Magic. On the ‘Island of the Gods’, healing through both the physical and spiritual is a natural way …
- The retreat us ideally situated in a tranquil cul-de-sac, yet with the area's famed shopping, restaurants and beautiful beaches in …
- With spring being the season of blossoming and renewing, doesn't the idea of retreating to discover yourself sound appealing?
- The Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Bali offers proper pampering for mums and daughters this Mother's Day - think deep …
- A yoga break can restore your mind, body and soul like nothing else. However much time you have to spare, …
- Prepare yourself for the most pampering holiday of your life. Blissful days - Bliss Sanctuary For Women is one special …
- Responding to world travel trends, Bliss Sanctuary offers more than a breathtaking Bali retreat – it’s a sanctuary.
- This Bliss Sanctuary For Women has launched a second relaxation sanctuary, in Seminyak, Bali. Founder Zoë Watson tells us whar's …
- Working out suddenly doesn't seem such an effort when you do it in paradise.
- The Best Female-Only Retreats. Travel unaccompanied to these sanctuaries of relaxation without feeling alone.
- A Holiday Just For Me – I’d always dreamed of a relaxing escape and on a whim I booked a …
- Josie Gibson: I get “fat fear” and weigh myself every day.
- I Felt Relaxed and Refreshed. Sipping a cocktail by the pool, I felt the sun warm my skin. I was …
- What Comes Next - For these women, a severe life setback was the catalyst that set them free, Sophie Miura …
- Women’s Retreat Is Ultimate Bliss. Ladies, forget the Kuta rat-race and discover a serene sanctuary where it’s all about you.