The in-between times:
I always find the hardest times in life for me are the ‘in between’ times.
While the villa is half done.
In a relationship where you’re not quite sure.
Work is plodding along but not powering.
Friendships are feeling a bit blah and not connecting fully.
Recovering from illness.
The end of winter.
The low energy times in life.
It’s these times where I know personally I need to rally up the enthusiasm to ‘act’ as only action gets things done, helps self esteem and happiness.
But this action doesn’t need to be running a marathon or jumping out of a plane or finding a new job or causing arguments with your partner.
These actions can be ‘quiet’ time actions.
Meditating, catching up on sleep, calling your friends rather than catching up with them. Buying a nice bottle of wine to savour over a nice healthy home cooked meal.
It’s the small things we take for granted that we can find joy in again.
Taking a bath, doing a yoga class instead of a high energy zumba class, sharing a hearty meal, eating chocolate ☺
It’s at these times I turn the TV off at night and read a couple of pages of an inspiring, uplifting book. I may fall asleep after a few pages, but it’s better than mindlessly watching the box for hours when I actually need sleep.
It’s at these times that I go for a swim in the pool … a slow swim… rather than an intense walk or gym session.
It’s at these times I look for ‘chicken soup for the soul’ so to speak. I call my friends who are the kindest and let others know I will get back to them a little later.
Really it is about kindness to ourselves at these low energy times.
We all have them. It’s part of the cycle. The weather does the same thing.
Our body, hearts and soul need rejuvenation.
A friend of mine used to take a doona day off work. And she rarely got sick.
Keep the dog inside and have lots of cuddles instead of a big long walk.
Flick through a magazine and actually read the articles of interest.
Make a cup of tea instead of guzzling down coffees to keep you awake.
Make or buy a fresh juice instead of a soft drink.
Whatever it is that helps you be kind to yourself, whatever it is that you love … do it at these low energy times.
In nature animals hibernate, birds fly away for the winter, and many go underground and wait for the sun.
As humans we rarely allow ourselves to do this.
Even the weekends have big long lists of things to do attached to them. Shopping, So many celebrations we need to attend when we need to celebrate ourselves and our need for rest. It all gets a bit much really!
When do we take the time to recuperate and put our needs first?
So when you can … do!
It will be magical.
We all need to recuperate and give ourselves permission to just sit. Even if its when the kids go for a walk with your other half or go to a friends house.
The whole philosophy of being in the present moment lends itself to this.
Don’t do things just because they are on a list. Feel in your heart what you need / want to do and do it.
It can’t be wrong.
What part does guilt have to play here? Don’t let it in!
Take the ‘shoulds’ out of the vocabulary.
And just be …
A deep breath can do wondrous things.
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you.
Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here.
We would love to meet you!
- Well you know your business has made it when you are mentioned in the ‘6 Sexiest Instagram trends of the …
- Hi everyone, I’m Zoë the founder of Bliss and as you can see I’m a curvy woman in her mid …
- What a ride it has been opening our first Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Canggu in April 2011, moving to …
- I love that term ‘I’ll do me and you do you’ it is so empowering and something I’ve really enjoyed …
- There's nothing that says holiday vibes like a leisurely and yummy all-day breakfast.
- We are entering our 8th year since I created Bliss Sanctuary for Women and we're so excited about all the …
- Since starting Bliss Sanctuary For Women way back in April 2011 one of my largest aims was to open a …
- I think one of the big stressors in modern life is the huge amount of choices we need to make …
- What a powerful word ‘harmony’ is. When everything flows together, magically, creating a harmonious existence.
- So this morning i had an amazing few hours moving & nurturing my body at the beach back in my …
- Recently as some of you may know we had some amazing news to share with the world about our Award …
- It’s December 2017 and I’m off to Switzerland as we’ve been nominated for the World Luxury Hotel Awards which we’re …
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue & Migraines – One of the hardest things about having an invisible illness is other peoples misperceptions …
- Warning this blog is a bit of an angry rant lol. Over the years like so many people in the …
- Surrender was something I was never good at in life. So of course this has been a big thing for …
- Have you ever taken the time to ponder what your own personal “bliss” may look like? I mean have you …
- Since working at our gorgeous retreat for women, I have been so lucky to indulge in many of our treatments …
- As the founder of something amazing like Bliss Sanctuary For Women, people often ask me how I got started. Moving …
- I’ve always believed things happen for a reason but for some of my life I lost the ability to trust …