Bliss Sanctuary For Women really endorses and loves the wise words of authors such as Louise Hay, Doreen Virtue, Richard Branson, Dalai Lama, Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra.
I really believe books create an amazing energy in the beautiful bliss environment and it is so important to have books that reflect our ethos and the sentiment of a lot of women who stay at bliss.
Of course many women bring their own books or their ipad or kindle, but it’s always so nice to have books at the fingertips for a nice affirmation. As a result we carry some great books on astrology, empowering women, some nice stories of different womens lives, some inspirational biographies, even some books on doing business in a different way. All the books we have here have personally inspired me in some way and so it’s super important for me to pass the good vibes on.
Bliss Sanctuary For Women Reading List:
- Stuart Wilde ‘Silent Power’ – a quick read of an hour or so … great to kickstart some deeper thinking whilst in the bath!
- Stuart Wilde ‘Life was never meant to be a struggle’ – another quick read that will easily set your thinking back to basics in a great way
- Wayne Dyer – 10 secrets for success & inner peace – we’re all for that at Bliss!
- Kahlil Gibran ‘The Prophet’ – an amazing oldie but a goodie
- Louise L Hay ‘Meditations to heal your life’ – one a day keeps the anxiety away
- Anand Krishna ‘The wisdom of Bali’ – Cantik!
- Louise L Hay ‘ You can heal your life’ – I LIVE by this book. Such an eye opener. I even use the iphone app!!! J
- Deepak Chopra ‘Why is God Laughing’ (I admit I haven’t actually read this one yet but the title always cheers me up! Lol)
- Dalai Lama ‘The Art of Happiness’ – yes people it’s an art and a choice, not something the world owes us! Such an empowering reality.
- Eckhart Tolle ‘ A New Earth – a follow on from The Power Of Now
- Eckhart Tolle ‘Stillness Speaks’ – Another great read
- Dan Millman ‘The life you were born to live’ AWESOME BOOK! You will definitely learn something about yourself through a different type of number analogy … not numerology but its scarily accurate!
- Jan Spiller ‘Astrology for the soul’ – SOOOO spot on!
- Jan Spiller ‘ Cosmic Love’ – start connecting or working out why you’re not. So good.
- Sarah Napthali ‘ Buddhism for Mothers’ – no I’m not a mother but I love this book. A hostess role is still mothering of a sort and it’s all about balance in Buddhism.
- Kelly Cutrone ‘If you have to cry go outside’ – hard assed highly successful PR chick in NY who tells it straight … just the way I like it!
- Elizabeth Gilbert ‘ Eat Pray Love’ – well we are in Bali! Lol
- Richard Branson ‘Screw it lets do it’ – So good. Quick read and great to send to someone you need a decision out of
- Dan Millman ‘The Peaceful Warrior – Didn’t actually enjoy reading it, almost found it a little condescending but somehow I learnt a lot!
- Xinran ‘The good women of China’ – an amazingly beautiful story of a woman whoran a radio show getting all sorts of women telling their stories at a time when they were quite oppressed and had no voice. She gave them one and the stories are beautifully tragic to joyful. Lots of tears andwell worth the read.
- Louise L Hay ‘Empowering Women’ – yep that’s what we’re all about here at Bliss.
- Stuart Wilde ‘The little Money Bible’ – soo good!
- Eckhart Tolle ‘The Power of Now’ – Just pick it up and read snippets. It’s so simple yet amazing how bringing our consciousness back to the present moment can alleviate anxiety and help get rid of any ‘junk’ we are holding onto in our minds.
- Susan Scott ‘Fierce Conversations’ – this will change your life if you need to learn how to be ‘assertive’ .
- Bronwyn Fox ‘Power over Panic’ – it’s amazing how many people in Western society suffer from anxiety! This is a fantastic read to help you get back on track and work out what the hell is making you feel that way.
- Heinz Von Holzen ‘ Bali unveiled – The Secrets of Balinese Cuisine’ – yes somepeople like to cook …not me!!!
- Dalai Lama ‘How to expand Love’ – philosophy along with meditation. Simple but great.
And then of course we have our intuitive card decks which make for some amazing AHA moments…
- Doreen Virtue ‘the Romance Angels’ cards
- Doreen Virtue ‘ Life Purpose Oracle Cards’
And my own personal card sets which I really need to buy some more for the villa.
- Doreen Virtue ‘Goddess Cards’
- Doreen Virtue ‘Healing with the Angel’ cards
By embracing some of the wisdom in a lot of these books I am a much happier person. They are about LOVE not lack. The
y are about taking responsibility of ones own life which includes emotion and happiness. And they are about connecting … with our own soul and other people around us.
Doesn’t get much better than that.
And for those who don’t like Self Help books that’s cool too … we have mountains of DVD’s!!! lol
Much Love, Zoë xxx
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you.
Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here.
We would love to meet you!
Blog 57: Flowerbaths the new Instagram trendWell you know your business has made it when you are mentioned in the ‘6 Sexiest Instagram trends of the …
Blog 56: Body BeautifulHi everyone, I’m Zoë the founder of Bliss and as you can see I’m a curvy woman in her mid …
Blog 55: What a ride it has been in CangguWhat a ride it has been opening our first Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Canggu in April 2011, moving to …
Blog 54: Do YOUI love that term ‘I’ll do me and you do you’ it is so empowering and something I’ve really enjoyed …
Blog 53: All-Day Breakfast at BlissThere's nothing that says holiday vibes like a leisurely and yummy all-day breakfast.
Blog 52: New BeginningsWe are entering our 8th year since I created Bliss Sanctuary for Women and we're so excited about all the …
Blog 51: The path to Ubud…Since starting Bliss Sanctuary For Women way back in April 2011 one of my largest aims was to open a …
Blog 50: Too many choices…I think one of the big stressors in modern life is the huge amount of choices we need to make …
Blog 49: Putting on a brave faceWhat a powerful word ‘harmony’ is. When everything flows together, magically, creating a harmonious existence.
Blog 48: Everything is in Harmony… trust it!What a powerful word ‘harmony’ is. When everything flows together, magically, creating a harmonious existence.
Blog 47: StingraySo this morning i had an amazing few hours moving & nurturing my body at the beach back in my …
Blog 46: Good news storiesRecently as some of you may know we had some amazing news to share with the world about our Award …
Blog 45: Traveling Solo to the WLHA AwardsIt’s December 2017 and I’m off to Switzerland as we’ve been nominated for the World Luxury Hotel Awards which we’re …
Blog 44: Invisible IllnessFibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue & Migraines – One of the hardest things about having an invisible illness is other peoples misperceptions …
Blog 43: Sick of the ShameWarning this blog is a bit of an angry rant lol. Over the years like so many people in the …
Blog 42: The Power of SurrenderSurrender was something I was never good at in life. So of course this has been a big thing for …
Blog 41: Pure Salty Bliss in Bali RetreatHave you ever taken the time to ponder what your own personal “bliss” may look like? I mean have you …
Blog 40: Colourpuncture Healing at Bliss SanctuarySince working at our gorgeous retreat for women, I have been so lucky to indulge in many of our treatments …
Blog 39: Mental Health & ConnectionAs the founder of something amazing like Bliss Sanctuary For Women, people often ask me how I got started. Moving …
Blog 38: Following my way to BlissI’ve always believed things happen for a reason but for some of my life I lost the ability to trust …