7 Women-only hotels for your next vacation
By Hayley Tai and Dawn Wong
Women-only hotel rooms were once portrayed as an eccentric marketing trend, but this movement is experiencing a resurgence due to the burgeoning number of women business and leisure travellers.
In addition, more women now demand an increased level of security and autonomy in their accommodations. Safety, empowerment, and pampering rank high up in the list of factors that influence their decision regarding where to stay.
We suss out the newest women-only hotels around the world for your next vacation, solo or otherwise.
1. Bliss Sanctuary For Women, Bali
No children, no couples, and only a handful of women allowed at any one time so they can experience serenity and exclusivity. The newly renovated villa offers five- to seven-day packages that include meals, with unlimited massage and spa treatments, and more.
For more information, visit www.blisssanctuaryforwomen.
2. Supershe Island, Finland
Wake up on an island to the gorgeous view of the Baltic Sea. Start the day with meditation after breakfast and have a facial at the spa right after. Since the luxury resort’s opening last year, this off-the-grid vacation spot has become an oasis for professional women to connect with one another over leisure activities.
For more information, visit supershe.com
3. Josephine’s Guesthouse, Zurich
It feels more like a cosy home than a three-star hotel. A breakfast buffet is served at a large table every morning for everyone, and there’s an open kitchen and laundry room. The recently spruced-up rooms with minimalist interiors are popular with leisure and business travellers.
Address: Lutherstrasse 20, Zurich, Switzerland
4. Hotel Zen, Tokyo
The latest capsule hotel looks like a craftsman’s workshop on the outside. Inside, expect minimalist wood panelling and traditional motifs. Choose from five types of rooms – each equipped with a lockable box and free Wi-Fi – from single-bed to semi double-bed ones, and rooms with tatami mats that provide more floor space.
For more information, visit www.hotelzen.jp
5. Luthan Hotel and Spa
Luthan Hotel and Spa is the first of its kind in the Middle East. This woman’s only property aptly called the “Sanctuary”, is a unique urban retreat. The goal is to create a peaceful respite away from the stresses of the external world and help to rebalance the body’s energies, to ensure complete relaxation of the physical, emotional and spiritual self.
Expect unparalleled spa facilities such as the Aqua Meditation Room, Reflexology pool, Sound pool, Cysternae, Salt Inhalation Room, and a soothing Herbal Sauna.
For more information, visit www.luthanhotel-spa.com
6. Som Dona Hotel
The four-star Som Dona hotel opened in the luxurious resort of Porto Cristo in Mallorca in June with 39 exquisitely furnished rooms catering to female-identifying customers over the age of 14.
The hotel is curating a range of bespoke wellness packages in the coming months that will focus on fitness, health and detox, as well as packages to help solo female travellers bond and explore Mallorca’s cultural offerings together.
The spa also offers a range of holistic treatments and a restaurant serving a sumptuous variety of dishes which are said to be “flavourful, healthy and sustainable.”
For more information, visit somhotels.es/hotel-som-dona/
7. Nine Hours Woman Kanda
The hotel is popular for its minimalist and futuristic decor.
Nine Hours Woman Kanda is the first female-only facility located in Kanda area which is a stone’s throw away from Tokyo Station and Akihabara area.
Guests rave about how clean and comfortable the hotel is. Free WiFi is provided throughout the entire property so you will always be connected too.
This article was first published in Her World Online.
Bliss Sanctuary For Women, empowering women to travel solo with a tailored Bali retreat holiday just for you.
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. More than a retreat for women, it’s your personal time out for rejuvenation and wellness. This Bali holiday is free of group schedules so you can choose to do as much or as little as you like. From unlimited sightseeing, unlimited massages, unlimited yoga, meditation, healers, plentiful and yummy food, shopping, personal drivers to take you anywhere you would like to go… it’s all up to you. Check out our Bali Packages and remember they are all completely flexible so you can change anything you would like once here. We would love to meet you!
- From lush jungles to pristine coastlines, it's no surprise Bali is called the Island of the Gods.
- Eat Sleep Repeat. After a 2021 break that's good for the soul? We hear you.
- When a stressed out and exhausted Zoë Watson needed a break from the daily grind she headed to the tropical …
- I can only describe my recent stay at this award-winning magical retreat as paradise, a trip like nothing I have …
- Best women-only hotels around the world for a brilliant ladies' getaway. Best women-only hotels around the world whether you're after …
- 'It's hard to relax here': Bachelorette Ali Oetjen leaves boyfriend Taite Radley at home as she jets to Bali for …
- Michelle Heaton, 40, flaunts her flawless physique in a white bandeau bikini as she enjoys a sun-soaked Bali retreat.
- An Adventurous Spirit Finds Inner Peace in Bali: Nadia Stamp openly shares her life with the world and we got …
- Spa and Wellness: Women’s-only sanctuary in Ubud
- The hardest part is finding someone to take your Instagram photos...
- Find Your Bliss in Bali - New Idea Associate Editor Holly Richards swapped deadlines for massages at this women-only retreat.
- Be your best with Bliss. More than a yoga retreat or healthy holiday, Bliss Sanctuary for Women sets its sights …
- Bali’s Healing Magic. On the ‘Island of the Gods’, healing through both the physical and spiritual is a natural way …
- The retreat us ideally situated in a tranquil cul-de-sac, yet with the area's famed shopping, restaurants and beautiful beaches in …
- With spring being the season of blossoming and renewing, doesn't the idea of retreating to discover yourself sound appealing?
- The Bliss Sanctuary For Women in Bali offers proper pampering for mums and daughters this Mother's Day - think deep …
- A yoga break can restore your mind, body and soul like nothing else. However much time you have to spare, …
- Prepare yourself for the most pampering holiday of your life. Blissful days - Bliss Sanctuary For Women is one special …
- Responding to world travel trends, Bliss Sanctuary offers more than a breathtaking Bali retreat – it’s a sanctuary.
- This Bliss Sanctuary For Women has launched a second relaxation sanctuary, in Seminyak, Bali. Founder Zoë Watson tells us whar's …