Inspirational Australian women gaining momentum
On March 8, 2013 International Women’s Day will be celebrated across the globe to mark the economic, political and social achievements of women around the world.
It’s also a month to acknowledge inspirational, brave women who are trailblazing in women-related industries, and Zoë Watson is one such expert.
- International Women’s Day (IWD) was first celebrated in 1975 but dates back to 1911
- IWD is declared a public holiday in over 35 countries
- IWD global theme for 2013 is ‘The Gender Agenda: Gaining Momentum”
- Australia will celebrate IWD with 131 events nationwide
After a series of life changing events two years ago, Adelaide born Zoë gave up her high powered, high stressed career and moved to Bali to set up her first Bliss Sanctuary for Women. This is a first-of-its-kind women’s only travel experience designed for women travelling alone, without being alone.
The idea originated from Zoë’s own experience travelling solo when she identified the need for a destination that provided a safe haven for women to rest, restore or rejuvenate. Bliss Sanctuary For Women’s aims to nurture the wellbeing of women, whatever their age or circumstance, catering for the rising trend of women who choose to travel independently.
- In the last year, more than 50% of Australian women have chosen to travel overseas alone.
- Bliss Sanctuary offers tailor-made holiday experiences for these independent women.
- Based on research* prepared by women’s travel expert Zoë Watson, guests can design their own holiday, or have the Bliss Team do it for them.
- Stays range from pure relaxation to more active and adventurous experiences.
It has been a huge two years for Zoë as she set about creating her ‘Bliss’, an industry first and an unproven business plan in a foreign country, not to mention the logistical and cultural hurdles of setting up a business on foreign soil.
“Creating Bliss Sanctuary for Women travelling alone has helped so many women in so many ways, beyond what I could have ever dreamed”. Zoë Watson.
- Trip Advisor – consistently rated in Top 3 destinations in Canggu, Bali.
- Wellbeing – listed as one of the Top International Retreats in Wellbeing magazine’s 2013 Travel & Spa guide. (see attached)
- Madison – Zoë Watson featured as an inspiring woman (see attached).
Bliss Goes Global:
- Zoë Watson has a 10 year business plan to open 20 sanctuaries in 12 different countries.
- Bliss Sanctuaries will launch in Spain and the Greek Islands late 2013.
- Creates even more opportunities for women to travel the world alone.
So as the world celebrates International Women’s Day and Zoë Watson’s business gains momentum globally, Zoë is just one of the many women to be acknowledged as she continues to create opportunities for a culture of time poor women to ‘follow their bliss’.
Zoë Watson is available for interview
She resides between Bali and Adelaide
Zoë was a media and marketing executive in Adelaide and Sydney.
She is now the owner of Bliss Sanctuary For Women, currently operating in Bali,
Sanctuaries in Spain and Greece are planned to open in 2013.
For further information please contact:
Bec Brown Communications, Sydney
Bliss Sanctuary for Women, empowering Women since 2010 in beautiful Bali
Follow your bliss your way with an experience completely tailored to you. A health retreat for women experience without the limits. Choose what activities you would like to do, from unlimited yoga, sightseeing, massages, healers, shopping, it is all up to you. With all your meals included, every need of your will be taken care of. Check out our Bali Retreat Packages.